It is that time of year where we are seeking qualified candidates to become new Board Members for our NJ HIMSS Chapter. We have four Board openings available and are eager to bring in fresh ideas and fresh faces from our NJ HIMSS Membership Community.
Our by-laws specify that two of these positions will need to be filled by providers and the other two to be filled by vendors, to ensure a harmonious mix of different constituencies on our Board. The term for these Board positions start on July 1, 2014, and is a four year term. This is a great chance to be able to offer major positive contributions to the world of health IT, not only within New Jersey, but on a national level as well.
Our requirements for NJ HIMSS board members are as follows:
- Current active membership in the NJ HIMSS Chapter
- Attendance at monthly Board meetings
- Active participation in Chapter events
- Leadership of a Chapter Committee - Events, Advocacy, Membership, Scholarship, Communications, Security/Privacy Task Force, Clinical Informatics
- Liasion with selected NJ HIMSS sponsors
- Fiduciary obligation to be able to place the needs of NJ HIMSS ahead of any other need when tending to NJ HIMSS Chapter business
If you are interested in running for a Board position, please submit a picture, a short bio (approximately 200 words), a short paragraph about why you want to join the Board, and a few bullets or a short paragraph on what you can add to the Board and what you would hope to bring to bear for NJ HIMSS as part of your Board role.
Please submit this to
, no later than Wednesday - May 21th.
The election period will be from Thursday, May 22th through Friday, June 6th, and the results will be announced at the Spring Event on Thursday, June 12th at the Hyatt Regency in New Brunswick, NJ.
Thank you for your interest and support of NJ HIMSS.